CURRENT EVENT




Wednesday, March 14, 2007

computer go boom

Monday morning my computer bit the dust. I'm pretty sure the power supply failed. I had to send my computer off to get fixed. I was pretty pissed, because this was going to make finishing my challenge pretty hard. But, in the spirit of not procrastinating, I went out and bought a new computer to supplement me until my other one gets back.

It's nice to be able to spend $1500 on a computer for 2-3 weeks. To bad I bought the wrong one. It's hard to find a rig that still had Windows XP on it. The few systems that had XP on it were older ones, so I decided to get a newer system with Vista and load XP on it. Bad decision. Trying to get XP on this computer was a 24 hour nightmare. I got the blue screen of death every time trying to load XP. Eventually I gave up and was forced to stick with Vista.

Since Monday morning I've put in only about 3000 hands at break even. My account balance is just a hair over $2000, and I'm determined to grind it up. I am going to aim for 10,000 hands today, so hopefully I can pull out a nice profit.

No comments: