CURRENT EVENT




Friday, January 5, 2007

internet bad beat

So, I made the mistake of booking a hotel that doesn't have internet in the rooms. They have an 'internet cafe' with internet from $10 for 30 mins to $25 for 3 hours. It's 2007 and they don't have internet on a $200 a night room! I have to walk over to the Atlantis to use their wireless in the lobby. It's not a big deal, but it's annoying. It is something I'll make sure I don't have to deal with again.

The welcome party last night was pretty tame, but putting more faces to names was great. I met up with boost, lukie, gabe, jfish, lambchop, and bmxicle. We were on the lookout for michael1123, but we hardly know what he looks like, so that might be a problem. Gabe was hammered, and I hope he doesn't get hangovers or his day today will be miserable (I know from experience!)

Play begins today at noon. I looked over the seat assignments, and didn't recognize anyone from the handful of people I found at my table, so that should be good. But, the structure is starting at 50/100 instead of 25/50, so we have about an hour less of play then I originally thought.

Also, I won a $200 warm up SnG, and am up about $5000 online since the new year, putting me +$5800 on the year so far. I'll try to keep consistant numbers posted so you can follow my progress.

Online YTD +$5000
Live YTD + $800
Tournys -$7200

- later

1 comment:

Carson Cole said...

Yo Justin,

I'm here and am either walking around the card room or the internet lobby place looking for ya. Wearing a red t-shirt, beige jacket, and black laptop case.