CURRENT EVENT




Friday, January 12, 2007

how do i get back from the goldstrike?

So I found out today there is no taxi service in Tunica. The bus service stops at midnight, so if we go late at the GoldStrike, how am I supposed to get back to the Grand hotel that's 4 miles away? I have a feeling I'm going to have a huge beat sometime this week by going deep in an event at the GoldStrike.

So I really don't know how I'm going to proceed from here. It would be really crappy to get stuck in Tunica without a way to get back to my hotel room...

But I was impressed by the amount of poker down here. The GoldStrike has at least 100 tables going tonight, including the tournament. I sat down and played some 50/100 stud/8. It's alot harder to keep track of cards live as compared to online play. I dropped 9bets ($900), but I felt I was at least even money in the game. I like improving my game outside just holdem, so I will probably take some time to play non-holdem games every so often. I will probably spend the rest of the trip winning tournaments and playing online, as the pace of play live and the winrate I can get just isn't what I can get online.

I have a bunch of pictures, but I'm tired so I'll toss them up tomorrow night.

No comments: