CURRENT EVENT




Monday, January 22, 2007

day 1 over day 2 hell begins

Day 1 of the WPO WPT is in the books. I sat down to my table, with 7 donks and an open seat. To say I was happy would be a vast understatement. Unfortunately, halfway though level one, Devilfish came and took the open seat, but he was two to my right, so it wasn't a big deal.

Throughout the day I really didn't have any big hands, but I did finally get some publicity. Poker Pages has listed me as a notable player, which is pretty cool considering I've never won anything big, and I haven't played that many events. They had a few hands from my table that I was in posted, which was cool.

Unfortunately, day 2 won't be such a cakewalk. I have a terrible table draw, with Daniel Negreanu directly on my left. For those of you who don't follow poker, he's a great player who loves to play hands, so I'm going to be stuck in tons of pots with him. I hope I flop some big hands early or he gets bad beaten out of the event, else making it though the day might be a feat.

I am very happy with how I'm playing, though, so I hope that can carry me through the day.

No comments: