CURRENT EVENT




Thursday, January 25, 2007

busted and off to borgata

Yesterday was a relatively short day for me, but I managed to squeak up to 14th place for a $28,000 payday. For me the day was all about picking up monsters and rags. Every time I picked up a real hand I couldn't get action, and every time other time I picked up something like 92o. Somehow I made it through the first level of the day without busting or doubling up.

On the break I got my first real press time when Cardplayer asked for a video interview. It actually turned out great, which for me is wonderful as I'm not exactly the best speaker, especially in on the spot interview situations. Hopefully this will be the first of many.

After the break I held true to my word. With only 80k in chips left and 5k/10k blinds, Kido Pham opened under the gun to 30k and a player in middle position called. I looked down at 77 in late position and moved in the rest of my stack. Young Cho, an aggressive player (to the point of being crazy) reraised my bet, and the other players folded. I was extremely happy to see Young turn over AKo, so I was ahead and this pot would over triple me up. The flop came down T83, but the turn was a King, and that was the end of my event.

Hopefully I can turn one of these deep runs into a real stack and a final table.

I'm in the airport in Atlanta already out of Memphis and about to get on a flight for Atlantic City. The Borgata's WPT Championship kicks off tomorrow, to what sounds like a very large field. I'm going to continue working on more aggressive play and hopefully this will allow me to build up chips so that when we get into the money I'm the player busting shortstacks, not the shortstack sitting around to double up.

Oh yea, I'm up for the year now.

No comments: