CURRENT EVENT




Tuesday, January 23, 2007

still in heaven

But without many chips!

I started the day exactly as I planned, and within 30 minutes I had busted 2 players and built up to almost 200k. Unfortunately, because of my busts, we received a new player in the seat to my left, Kido Pham. To those of you who don't follow poker much, he's a super aggressive player that I do not want sitting next to me. Basically it means I was no longer be able to abuse the table, and was forced back into the game I played yesterday.

I battled the blinds, and the 2 bluffs I tried both failed miserably. I found myself shortstacked again and looking for a spot to double up. Eventually the bubble burst, and we were in the money. We voted to continue play to 18, and we redrew for seats.

My 2nd table wasn't fun either. Kido drew the seat to my left (again!) and Victor Ramdin drew the seat to my right. This meant that I was going to be very hard for me to be able to play, and was forced more to wait for the hands. Victor had some tough beats, and went from the chip lead to bustout in about 30 minutes. He's a good player, and he's an aggressive player, but sometimes that means he losses the chips faster then he wins them.

With the blinds at 3000/6000, and a 1000 ante, I found myself very short on chips, and with such high blinds I couldn't wait any longer. I moved all in 3 times from the small blind, the button, and then the cutoff, and of course 3rd times the charm and finally was called by the big blind. I had 99 vs his AK, and the board came out all baby cards and I doubled back to almost $200,000 in chips.

The rest of the day was just a story of bad cards and missed flops, and when Gavin Smith busted in 19th to signal the end of the day, I found myself stuck with only $109,000 in chips. We start tomorrow with 4000/8000 blinds and 1000 ante, so I'm going to have to catch something early or I'll be having a short day.

Either way I'm guaranteed over $20,000 so it's not so bad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice going man, whatever happens from here.
Nice shot on CP with you stuck between killers Ramdin, Cho, and Pham :)