CURRENT EVENT




Monday, February 5, 2007

i promise

- to always take the more aggressive action in close spots

- to avoid playing the short stack early in prelims

- to hit on more asian chicks here in LA

I've decided that I'm going to do everything in my power to get a big stack or bust early in prelims. If I get any decision that's close, I'm going to flip for my stack every time. You start the events low on chips, so you only have limited time to make moves. If you lose a few pots early you end up short stacked. If you just tread then you are shortstacked by level 4.

I have come to find that there is such an edge to be exploited over the weak fields in the prelims, that even neutral decisions are in your favor to take. Getting chips to work with allows you to run over the field as it gets into the middle stages, when the blinds work up, antes kick in, and the dead money tightens up. Also, if you happen to bust early, it means you didn't waste your time sitting for 10 hours only to bubble the money. Ten hours of play online nets me thousands, enough to pay the tournament buyin multiple times. This means at the very least I get to spend more time playing online.

Taking this appoach will most likely reduce the cashes I get, but will allow me to go deeper, with more final tables and more wins.

No comments: