CURRENT EVENT




Tuesday, January 30, 2007

leaving ac and happy to do so

Tomorrow morning I'll be leaving Atlantic City and going home for a few days. I've spent most of the week in my room relaxing, playing a few of the last events at the Borgata. I didn't cash in any events here, unfortunately, but the relaxing time alone really let me sit back and think about things.

I'm trying to debate how long I'm going to stay on the road. It's been pretty clear that I won't stay traveling all year by myself, it just gets to boring. Right now it's likely that I'll take a break after the LA Classic and decide where I want to go from there. I've learned that such along time away from friends and family takes it's toll, and I don't think I could travel all year without a close friend that was also playing the circuit.

It's really a double edged sword for me. I can't get famous just playing online poker, but I can't make near the amount of money on the road as I can online. I've spent alot of time thinking about it, but the answer seems pretty clear to me, and that is to travel a bit, and give myself breaks in between events. Tournaments make you Famous, but cash games are what will make you rich. This is at the heart of what we play for, for some it's one more then the other. If it ever comes to a point where I'm rich or I'm famous, I can likely change my focus so that I'm both rich and famous. As self-centered as that sounds, that's the life of a poker player.

What I'm lacking on the road is made up for what I have at home. Controversy, what I have on the road I can't get at home. Having a better balance will make me a better player, and most importantly, it will make me a happier person.

No comments: