CURRENT EVENT




Monday, January 15, 2007

end of day one of the wsopc: tunica

I ended today with 46,900 in chips, which is just slightly over average and puts me probably 35th overall. I think I misplayed a hand late in the day, and I should probably have 60-70k. I chose to just call a raise from the LAG who had built up to about 70k with AKs. The flop came KJ4, and I c/ced his bet, hoping to c/r in on the turn. The turn was an 8 and he checked behind. The river T I debated blocking bet, but I couldn't pull the trigger. He bet out 20k, and I'm actually happy I didn't lead, as I'm about 90% sure he made a big hand on the river, and since all I could beat is a bluff I laid it down. In retrospect I should have re-raised it preflop, but I had just 3bet a few pots in the last 20 minutes, and I really did not want to play a pot for all my chips vs the best player on the table.

When I was around 25k, I 3bet a 20k stack all in with QQ, and he called 16k more with KJo. He seemed like a solid player and I have no idea what he was doing. The table congraduated me for the donation when my queens held.

Interesting, we drew for seats for the start of day 2, and I drew the direct left of the LAG I played with all day today. I'm pretty happy about that, as he opens alot of pots and I'm going to have many chances to resteal his bets. I am going to start the day playing my standard game and just see where we go.

I'd like to enter the money (36 players) with at least 80k in chips, and hopefully the final table with at least 300k. The average stack going into the final table will be just over 400k.

off to bed