CURRENT EVENT




Monday, January 15, 2007

dinner break

Had an interesting day so far. I'm sitting at 16.5k from the 10k starting stacks. I keep getting big hands flopped on me. I've made correct folds in way more pots then I'm happy with. Twice I've had the nut straight flopped on me, I've had multiple sets flopped on me, and there this crazy LAG that has flopped top pair or better almost every hand he's played against me.

But, I managed to double though some dead money with KK vs QQ, and I just took down a pot with the nut straight before the break.

- Some guy was trying to convince me that if someone re-raises preflop it's always Queens or better. He was a huge donkey and I played with him on Friday.

- I prop bet someone that an old donkey at my table had top set. He of course took me up and the old guy showed top set of queens. Ship that $100 thank you.

- This euro guy tried to angle shoot me when I tossed in $1050 to reraise his raise of $250. He tried to say the "big chip rule" because I tossed in an orange and two $25 chips. The floor ruled in my favor though. Apparently he's a regular player in vegas, and the few belliagio grinders at my table knew him. He got in an argument with one of them at the start of the day and mentioned something about "that shows your character". I repeated that line when he called the floor and he went on a tilty down spiral; busting later that level.

- Two players at my table were well enough known to get photographed by the media. I didn't know either of them, so probably means they aren't very good and just play alot. They also were the first two players to bust.

- 2006 WSOP Womens champion was at my table. She stacked off to the most obvious set of aces I've ever seen in my life, at 25/50 - 200bb deep.

- We had set over set 3 times in the first 4 levels, and one guy actually laid his set down. I normally go a whole tournament without seeing it once.

- The Grinder went from 10k to 40k to 10k in about 2 hours. He's on the table next to me.

- As we were leaving the tournament area the LAG at my table was talking to his buddy and I overheard him say "that kid is good" as I walked by.

i'm probably forgetting a few things, but that's all for now

No comments: