CURRENT EVENT




Friday, February 16, 2007

friend is in town

A guy I know flew in Wed night to come down and play. He's a pretty good medium-high stakes player online, and is from somewhere in Scandinavia. I'd tell you his name, but I can't spell it or say it and my keyboard doesn't have the correct characters. I met up with him yesterday and we played some 10/20 no limit holdem. We both finished up, but I finished with about $10k on the table for a net win of just over $5k. It was nice to book a good win, as I haven't played live cash all year. I think I'll be playing some more live while he's in town, mostly because the players at the Commerce are terrible.

Earlier this week I limped into the money of the $2500 nl event. There was really nothing interesting about the tournament at all, and I was to annoyed to write anything about it. Cashing is fine, but I want to make a final table sometime.

Today is another $2500 event, and we both will be playing. Depending on how we do we might spend the night out somewhere. He's said he really wanted to party in Hollywood at least one night, so either tonight or tomorrow we'll likely make our way out there. Should have some good stories from that night!

Worst case scenario is I make this final table and can't go, wouldn't that be some ironing.

No comments: